Monday 14 March 2011

Bournemouth Beach Trip

I took a walk down Bournemouth beach and came across some cliffs and rocky structures that really caught my eye. I am very much leaning towards the topic of local sea life and the jurassic coast and I want not not only incorperate the sea animals in my designs but the plant life and rock formations as well. As if to paint a picture of the local coastline itself and not just what can be found under water.

These photos really got my juices flowing with the natural colours and patterns that could be found on the coast. I would really like to incorporate the idea of sea weed into some of my head dresses and flags and I found a video showing the effect marbling creates.


This could be a really effective technique to dye plain white fabric and to create the same muliti tones you find in seaweed. I could also use this technique to create some sort of jelly fish costume as the are a range of species found along the SW coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment