Wednesday 30 March 2011

Prototype

Today I spent the whole day working on my prototype so that it would be ready for the design presentation and group discussion with Sarah Colwell and Jo Gardener.

I bought a seethrough type umbrella from Pound Land; one very similar to those I found were used alot in my research. I also bought some cheap strings of beads, shreaded tissues paper, sheets of tissue paper, strings of sequins and glitter paint.



                          I tried not to make it too complcated and to just go with it!

One thing I noticed was PVA glue was not strong enough to hold on some of the sequins at the top section and after a while they would fall off. Also some of the sequin strip would need alot of glue to hold it on. I know that in the past glue guns have been used to attach decoration so I will make sure I have some of these in the classroom so that any heavy beads or sequins can be attached securely.

Also the shreaded tissue paper was very fiddly to attach and I think that the metalic ribbon that I have mentioned in my post previously would be a much quicker and simple way to add some detail around the umbrella/ tenticles.

No comments:

Post a Comment